Have a good laugh - with the safe alternative to conventional dentures
If you lose a tooth, an implant is a modern solution for replacing it. The conventional method of using a dental bridge to replace a missing tooth has the disadvantage that neighboring teeth have to be shaved down in order to fix the bridge in place, damaging the healthy tooth enamel in the process.
What is a dental implant?
Implants are artificial tooth roots that are anchored in the jawbone. Single crowns, bridges or prostheses, whose shape and color are matched to the other teeth, can be attached to these implants. With the use of implants, a natural and healthy tooth can be imitated in both function and appearance.
Implants can be used to restore function and appearance even in the case of a completely toothless (edentulous) jaw. Your dentist knows whether the condition of your jaw is suitable for implant placement or whether the bone needs to be treated beforehand.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
An implant is usually made of titanium, a metal that is well tolerated.
- Implants replace missing teeth.
- They close individual gaps without having to shave down the healthy tooth substance of the adjacent teeth (as is the case when placing a bridge).
- By placing implants, it is often possible to integrate a fixed denture, where otherwise only a removable denture would be possible.
- Suitable for a single missing tooth as well as multiple missing teeth.
- Possible bone atrophy can be prevented.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Improves chewing and speaking.
- Looks natural.
Well-being and quality of life
Healthy teeth are an essential part of the quality of life. Personal well-being depends largely on whether you can chew well and drink without problems, whether you can talk clearly without effort and whether you hide your smile behind your hand. Your dentist will therefore use his skill, especially in the case of missing teeth, to reconstruct the natural function and original appearance of your teeth. Modern dentistry offers various possibilities for doing this.